Toledo, Ohio 43606
Hale Performance Coatings has always taken pride in the way we ship out parts. Our job is not complete until your parts reach you free of damage and a perfect finishing job. We do not want to leave any chances for the shipping companies to damage your parts. This is why packaging is important to us coming or going.
Hale Performance Coatings offers pick up and delivery service to the Detroit and surrounding areas daily, and to the Cleveland and surrounding areas twice a week. We have two flatbed trucks and a cargo box van. This will ensure that we can pick up and deliver anything up to 12,000 lbs. Also all of our trucks are tracked by Global Positioning Satellite so you may call anytime to find out the exact time that your delivery will arrive. Please call one of our sales/service representatives for more information on pick up and delivery.
Here are some helpful hints for packaging…
SMALL PACKAGES <100 LBS
When sending smaller items please be sure that all parts are individually wrapped or protected in some way to prevent them from hitting one another. Use sturdy boxes and have even padding throughout (top, bottom, and sides) When you have a larger qty. of parts try to place them in a number of boxes. A good average weight would be @ 35lbs per package. Also make sure there is a sufficient amount of tape to prevent anything from falling apart.
PALLETS/CRATES >100 LBS
Always place a barrier between parts and pallets. You could use whatever you have available be it cardboard or foam. Wood and nails from crates and pallets could possibly damage parts. As stated above if it is possible to wrap parts individually it would be good to do so. If not place some sort of barriers between parts to prevent them from hitting one another. Cover your parts with another layer of protective material before shrink-wrapping and banding them to ensure a safe and happy ride to Hale Performance Coatings. Also you’ll want to make sure that the bottom of your pallet or crate is clearly visible with out any obstacles so as to prevent any forklift damage.
TIPS AND HELPFUL HINTS
- Inspect parts carefully before shipping
- Make sure all parts are well padded and packaged
- Be aware of how your parts are being shipped and in what kind of packaging
- When there is an option for insurance take it. It’s usually about an extra $1.00 for every $100.00 of coverage. Double check with carriers to confirm that rate.
- Always have some form of paperwork accompany your jobs be it a packing slip, purchase order, or even some type of work instructions with all the necessary information on it such as an address of your company, phone number and a point of contact.
- Write down any tracking numbers or waybill numbers for future reference if needed.
- And last but not least take comfort in knowing that Hale Performance Coatings will return your parts in the same if not better condition than when received.